Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip You can go back to My Info and add that information now.

Hi Robinann,

I'm sorry that you are suffering the same issue I had with TT. I was able to get a online CS staff to help me troubleshoot the issue, but obviously she could not find the cause of it either.

She bull**bleep**ed me that it was because I did not unselect the “plus” service I accidentally added on while filling up the tax return columns which I later found out I did not make such add on at all.

Long story short, she offered me a refund and I chose another online tax filing company to get my filing done.

By using the other tax filing service, I found out what really caused the “Oops....” issue. 
The States filing, at least my State, DOES NOT accept foreign online filing, so I would assume that was the cause of the Oops you zip code thing needs to be fixed, because what we all used were our foreign Zip codes, the postal No.
Well, my suggestion is that if your filing does not involve getting any refund or paying extra taxes, you could just fill it up yourself and do a hard copy filing for both of the Federal and State, but if yours is more like mine, it would be better to choose other tax filing company’s service to get the job done.

Good luck.

Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip You can go back to My Info and add that information now.

Hey Giselle, thank you for your update.

I ditto the problem being with the state's zip code. Weird that after 11 years using TT that I now encounter this for the first time filling the 2019 return.

Is it possible to share what other tax preparing service you went to?

If not, no problem. I'll try TT next year. As long as I can print it out I'm okay with that.

Stay safe.

Thanks, Fillip!! That worked.  

:)) R. 

sgs2020

See this thread: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-found-a-workaround-1-before-clicking-on-prepare...

I was able to use the instructions there as a workaround. Basically change to a US address in my info click through the plus set up, then go back and change to foreign address. You can now complete the flow. I hope this helps.

Hi Filip,

I ended up using H&R Blocking. 
Sorry for the late response. 
I must’ve missed the email when you responded.

You stay safe too.  Hope it’ll pass soon🙏🏼

The TurboTax software now does accept e-filing from a foreign address but it has failed to resolve a glitch where it requires a US postal address for billing and setting up any added features that you may purchase from TurboTax. There is no space for adding billing information SEPARATELY. 

I spoke with a customer representative as well as TT tax experts before I could try finding a solution for myself.

How I could fix this issue was to edit my mailing address to billing address first. Next step was to setup the TurboTax additional benefits(in my case it was setting up TurboTax MAX Benefits), and once the setup is done, change back the mailing address to the foreign address that is to be used for filing your taxes. 

There is a step where you can verify that the forms have correctly reflected your foreign mailing address before signing and submitting your taxes to avoid any mixup by the software.
Please first consult with a TT expert or customer representative before you assume your issue is the same as mine, but if it indeed a similar issue, then this seemed to help me.

Would request @TurboTax to resolve this issue in their online system as many people might be unaware of the technicalities, or at least make this issue aware to the customer representatives/tax experts and equip them with a solution in case anyone approaches them. 

@pojo567 
Thank you for your helpful and easy-to-understand reply. 

One additional problem is that TT said that Foreign Forms can be e-filed, which is not true, but sure provides a lot of confusion, at least it did for me. I quit trying and now just stick with mailing in my return and not worrying about it. Sometimes filing tax can be a state of mind challenge, LOL!

Again, thank you for sharing an easy to follow what to do if you're in the same situation as you described.

And you're totally spot-on in regards to TT should resolve this now 'ancient' problem.

jeffanja

Hi Filip

Same problem .. do you have a solution yet? [email address removed]

Yes, you can now file federal (IRS) returns if you or your employer has a non-U.S. address. However, there are some restrictions regarding foreign-address returns:

• IRS regulations require a U.S. bank account to receive your tax refund, and you'll need a U.S. bank account (or credit/debit card with a U.S. billing address) if paying additional federal taxes owed.
  • Like many stateside merchants, we require a U.S. billing address to pay for TurboTax if using a credit or debit card.
    • If you're deducting fees from your refund with the optional Pay With My Refund service, you'll need a U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO address.

Here is how to change to a foreign address in TurboTax:

1. Use the Chrome browser and clear browser data for all time.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  3. Select My Info from the left menu.
  4. On the Personal info summary page, select Edit next to Taxpayer.
  5. Go to 2. Tell us the state(s) you lived in and select Foreign or U.S Possession from the drop down list (it's all the way at the bottom).
  6. Select the Continue button at the bottom.
  7. Select Edit next to  Mailing Address and choose Foreign country from Type of mailing address drop down list.
  8. Input your address in the appropriate fields, select your country from the drop down list, and select Continue.

@jeffanja

omosby1
Returning Member

I moved from CA 96107 to AZ 86301in November 2021.

omosby1
Returning Member

I moved from California zip code 96107 to Arizonia zip code 86301 this past November.

@omosby1 Not sure why you are posting in the user forum that you moved and changed zip codes.   We cannot change anything on your return for you nor can we see your information.   Do you have a question about entering your information on your tax return?   In My Info you need to enter your current mailing address---the address where you want to receive mail from the IRS now.

And....it sounds like you will need to file a part year CA return and a part year AZ return since you moved during the tax year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901227-how-do-i-file-a-part-year-state-return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901560-how-do-i-file-if-i-moved-to-a-different-state-last-year

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Go back to My Info/Personal Information and add your current address (the Arizona one).

The purpose of this information is to tell the IRS where you live now so that the IRS can send you mail, if necessary.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kotterst

It’s 2024 and I’m receiving this error still while using the Full Service option and have been stuck in this loop for a week now. 

Any updates on a fix for this? I also cannot go back and edit my information since it’s Full Service…

@Kotterst You are PAYING for Full Service--so contact your expert for help with your issues.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies