Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Schedule E for rental property: TT Premier keeps asking a value to be entered on Line 4 (Royalty Income), even though rental activity does not receive royalties income

Hello,

During the error check review, TT Premier keeps asking a value to be entered on Line 4 (Royalty Income), even though my rental activity does not receive royalties income - A Schedule E was created by TT Premier to report income and expenses for my rental property.

I tried overriding the zero there (replacing it with a blank), but this error (and another one I posted in a different question) keeps coming up. I really don't know why it is asking for a royalty amount.

TT Support-2.png

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Schedule E for rental property: TT Premier keeps asking a value to be entered on Line 4 (Royalty Income), even though rental activity does not receive royalties income

Go back to TurboTax and select edit to go to your property profile. You may have selected the royalty option instead of the rental. Now the system is asking you to provide the royalty income you may have inadvertently selected.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! For some reason, "Enter royalties received (not reported elsewhere)" and "Royalty income from Schedule K-1" had both a zero. Removing it did the trick.

john2023

OMG...Thank you DrSherman. your comment about removing the zero worked. I tried everything else and was going crazy over this. 

Although I couldn't find the question regarding Royalties in the walk-through area related to our rental property, removing the 0, and having a blank instead, in the final review process that was stopping me from filing did the trick. Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies