Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

senaberra

"Tell us your maryland Information, select county or if applicable, Baltimore City." I havent lived in that city and none of the other options apply to me,

My adress was {Address removed}. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

"Tell us your maryland Information, select county or if applicable, Baltimore City." I havent lived in that city and none of the other options apply to me,

Are you part year? You enter dates of residency, other state, enter your address and county while you lived in MD.

Are you a nonresident? You should not have a problem

Are you a resident? You should not have a problem. Enter the county you live in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Small problem, the list of Maryland jurisdictions doesn't include Baltimore City. The instructions specifically say that if you live in Baltimore City you should choose Baltimore City, but the list doesn't include Baltimore City. 

Not the first year this has been true, but I always hope that Intuit will get its act together. Sigh.

RachelW33
Expert Alumni

As you walk through the preparation of your Maryland return, when you get to the screen Tell Us Your Maryland Information, you should choose BALTIMORE CITY for the County or Area.  Please see screenshot below for reference.  @hbethell 

Not sure what version your screenshot is from, but this is what I get with TurboTax Premier 2024

MD_Counties.png

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You might need to select Baltimore County in this instance just to get past this point. My Premier version has Baltimore City listed as a choice.

If your Turbo Tax Premier is from a CD version bought retail, it may have been missing this feature.  

Thanks, that's what I did. I bought the download from Amazon. Since the software updates automatically after install, it baffles me that there would be different lists in different versions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies