turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

When I try to e-file, I get an error saying validation failed b/c an update is available for my program. When I check for updates, there are none. Why can't I e-file?

In TurboTax Desktop, click on 'Online' on the top menu bar.

Choose 'Check for Updates'.

Click this link for detailed info on Updating TurboTax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
etorak

When I try to e-file, I get an error saying validation failed b/c an update is available for my program. When I check for updates, there are none. Why can't I e-file?

after using your software for 10 years, this is the last time i will ever us your software

Link responds by stating "Site cannot be reached."

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@LyndonWill 

If you're having a similar issue to other's in the thread, please try to manually update your software using the following Help Article:  What is a manual update?  The following article can provide troubleshooting steps if you're encountering issues while updating:  Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues

If none of the above resolves your issue, please contact us via phone for further assistance.

I had this happen to me today.   I found that if I sent them separately (just do Federal return first) that one would work, leaving me with just the state return.   I 'updated' Turbotax a million times to no avail, restarted, lessened browser security (per customer support suggestions).   Finally, I downloaded the state again using the Online menu (and I think I did have to repay), restarted Turbotax, and it worked. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You should not have had to repay for the state software. If you follow the instructions here, you can contact us by phone to discuss the refund of the overpayment for the state software. @autumn11

erict0001

How do i get my efiling fee of $25 back

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

johnpw

The link you added will not open.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

The above is a link to contact us which is active, but I will post it here again.  

If you are unable to update, you might try to manually update. To manually update for Windows, please see the Help Article here.  For Mac, please see this Help Article.  

@johnpw

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies