Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where's my cash advance? It's been a day, and I signed up because TurboTax said that I was approved. Now what?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Where's my cash advance? It's been a day, and I signed up because TurboTax said that I was approved. Now what?

If your return has been accepted, you will need to contact Credit Karma at https://support.creditkarma.com/ or call them at 1-888-236-5798 regarding your Refund Advance. 

I have tried to contact credit karma support. Thank you for that information and for NOT showing any concern/effort in this situation. However, it was TurboTax that initially claimed I was pre-approved for the cash advance. And although I do hold credit karma responsible for their own part in my niave deception, I don't understand why I haven't received the "cash advance in 1 -2" hours that I was left to believe that I would receive. And I did check out the information about which form was filled out and I am not on the "automatically denied" list. So, could someone ELSE, give me an excuse as to while I created an account with credit karma, etc. Has been done, nobody else is working on their end of the process of an online agreement. 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

There are some known issues revolving around the Refund Advance being caught in a loop. Please sign up for updates concerning the resolution of this issue here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is saying that the cash advance loop has been resolved. What’s the next step? How was it resolved ? My return was accepted on the January 21 and its now February 9th and still no word on whether I was approved or denied for the advance. Most people apply for the advance because they actually need the money.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Lennox09 The loop was an issue preventing the submission of tax returns.  What you're experiencing is a possible delay in the approval process.  The Refund Advance is provided by First Century Bank.  I would suggest checking your email spam folder to make certain you haven't missed an approval/denial email from them.

References: Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

I’ve never received a email saying whether I was approved or denied from anyone I called first century bank last week and they said I wasn’t denied I’m still in the pre approved stage how is that possible when my return was accepted on January 21st none of this makes any sense and turbo tax and credit karma knows nothing about what’s going on, what’s the point of offering this service if neither companies knows how it works this is a nightmare 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For questions regarding your Refund Advance status, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Lennox09

I just did they know nothing at all, I’m learning a lot from this experience and will have to go elsewhere next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies