Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did I get a partial payment from TPG products?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

less than your tax return refund reduced by Turbotax fees? 

then the IRS changed something and will be sending you a notice with how to protest if you disagree.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We know how important your refund is and we apologize. We’re working quickly to resolve this and make sure you receive your full refund. You'll get an email message from us shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your refund.

In the meantime, please refer to these Turbo Tax help articles.

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?
Why is My Tax Refund Not What I Expected?
What is a refund offset?
Refund Status: SBTPG
Topic No. 152 Refund Information
Tax Refund Tips

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Denikds95

@SForrestLO @ Will all affected customers receive an email on when we should expect the remaining portion of payment or was your response specifically for user glkappler081? I only received about half and would like to know if i also should expect an email.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we cannot diagnose why your refund has been reduced. For additional information, please contact SBTPG.
https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

@Denikds95

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Diana G

I have the same issue, much more than the processing fee for Turbo Tax  has been withheld. I don’t have an email from TPG nor Turbo Tax indicating when I’ll receive the balance :(

did you guys get an answer for this? I am experiencing the same thing.... just got about half my fed refund.

@euclidpangan  wrote:

did you guys get an answer for this? I am experiencing the same thing.... just got about half my fed refund.

Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund?   If so, don't forget that the TurboTax product fees and the additional 39.99 service fee (44.99 for California filers) will be subtracted from the Federal refund when using that third-party service (SBTPG) to pay the fees out of the Federal refund.

If you are getting both Federal and state refunds, they come separately at different times.

Otherwise, confirm what the IRS actually approved and sent for your Federal refund amount.   See what is displayed at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool for the amount that they sent.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If the IRS reduced your refund, you should get a letter in about 3 weeks or so explaining why.  The IRS can reduce a refund for many reasons, but a common situation this year has been the IRS reducing refunds where the filer claimed they were due a 3rd economic stimulus payment when the IRS believes they had already received one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies