Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check AvailabilityPlease confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready? (The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again

If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.

2. Sign back in.

3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

c. Send us your tax fileStill receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  

Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.Click Tools, and thenClick Share my file with Agent.

A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.Select Send Tax File to Agent.A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" 

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
acleon0316
Returning Member

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

this is so frustrating! i'm in the same boat as well - when i spoke to someone at turbo tax. i was told that "it's not available yet and to try again in a few days"

if i hadn't paid already - i would have used another software. 

acleon0316
Returning Member

i was getting this same error and it was very frustrating. i spoke to turbotax customer service and they told me to wait a few days and try again later.

i read this thread and decided to delete and redo. i had tried to use paypal but the funds had not left my account so this is what i did.

i signed in and opened my return.  on the left menu, i selected state (it may be when you select menu in the upper left) and select continue.  you will see the "lets get your state taxes done right"
when you see "status of your state return"  you'll see Edit and Delete.  for me, the "edit" button was grayed out (but i was still able to click) and delete was bolded/underlined.

i selected delete and started over again.  i had to fix a few things with my federal return but went through state and was able to e-file.  not sure if it makes a difference, but i just said to pay with my refund. 

hope this helps because it was REALLY frustrating me.

Lorraine5

I filed my 1040SR form on 2/13/21 when I printed the form it did not have my SSA amount added, how do I send a corrected form?

I was getting the same response, however delete your state return and redo it, that fixed mine and it let me file. 

Leftie123
Returning Member

It happens when Intuit skips the payment and consent to file options. Mine happened for the state return so I deleted and restarted. It then provided the payment and consent to file options at the end and I was able to file. Hope it helps.

Hi, I am getting this error. I tried redo state but that didn't work for me. 
I have shared with the agent and my token number is  742467. Please help!

Regards

JustAbasi

Same thing happened with me.... this was indeed sneaky...it went through AFTER paying another $40

JustAbasi

You have to do it for state too...state is not free...nor is federal if you are using deluxe or better. You have to pay for both but for some reason turbo tax has an issue where it's not charging for the cost of state, that is why it doesn't go through

This worked.  Thanks for knowing what's up.  Shouldn't have to do this anyway but it's whatever haha.

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. How can I go back and pay state filing fees?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you need help paying your state filing fees, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tinyfei

Hi, just try to delete the state return and file it separate from the federal return. I have struggled with this problem for 4 days. I deleted my state return and it finally goes through. Good luck.

kgumaru

Token 744735. Still receiving error message after removing and re-adding Ohio state return. Already received email that formsets were ready.

How do I get my additional $40 back that I had to pay???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies