Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my code not working and how do I fix it?

I bought intuit

turbotax Deluxe download or cd

@MARIAFRANCIS9440 wrote:

Why is my license code not working?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/find-license...

I purchased the Disk version to install on my older computer (microsoft 10) and the program is malfunctioning. So I tried to download on my new computer (Does not have a CD Disk drive) by using the license code. But the new computer will not open it stating an error.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the below Turbotax FAQ to see if it helps to resolve your installation issue.

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

If you're still having trouble, please comment back and provide the error message you get so that we can better assist you.

@JonGotwald 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I continue to get code 603. I haven't used this even 1 time yet. I can't figure out haw to get a person on the phone and computer keeps sending me to uselesss FAQ's. This is an attrocity. I will never purchase intuit products again! Forget about bad customer service. This company has no customer service.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please attempt downloading your TurboTax product by following the instructions in the link below: How do I download my software from TurboTax.com?

Normally this error code comes up due to Error code 603: All the available activations for that code has been used, however since you have noted that you have not used the program yet, it may work from the downloads link above.

If the issue persists, please see this link for additional suggestions to fix this error or contact our TurboTax Customer Care team: Contact us

@giantsfan1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jsamick61

I purchased intuit turbotax deluxe on a cd.  I downloaded it.  There was never a place to put the license code in, so I assume I didn't need it now it wants me to pay again for what I already paid for!

@jsamick61 

Did you use online instead of the download software by mistake?

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

You might be posting from online software instead of the desktop CD/download software that the license code is for.  If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
wmthibdu

I am using premier online edition purchased recently from Costco Canada; I have retired several times using designated 16 digit code and computer is not accepting, saying try again.

@wmthibdu wrote:

I am using premier online edition purchased recently from Costco Canada; I have retired several times using designated 16 digit code and computer is not accepting, saying try again.

You purchased the TurboTax desktop edition software to install on your personal computer.  You did not purchase one of the TurboTax online web-based editions.

The 16 digit license code is only valid when installing the TurboTax software.  Download and install the TurboTax software you purchased from Costco or use the CD purchased to install the software.

Additionally, this is the TurboTax US user community website.
Go to this TurboTax Canada website for assistance with a Canadian tax return or the TurboTax Canada editions - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies