turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Will I be able to use TurboTax 2020 on my iMac with High Sierra OS, version 10.13.6?

The Mac 2020 desktop versions requires OSX 10.14 or higher due to Apples developer package dropping support for earlier versions.

The online versions can be used with any comparable browser.    You can contact support for product refund inquiries.  @hwiser

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Will I be able to use TurboTax 2020 on my iMac with High Sierra OS, version 10.13.6?

I bought Turbo Tax 2020 to use on my Mac. It is telling me I have a 10.13 not the required 10.14. Is there someway you can update the operating system? Can I get a refund and Just sign in online?  I paid $50 for it at Costco.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact Apple support about seeing if you can upgrade your operating system. 

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ for assistance with a refund:  How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

@shirl82048

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
G-G
Returning Member

If a software manufacturer CHOOSES to design something for any processing system, they can select the version of IOS (MAC) or DOS (MSFT).  If the manufacturer makes that choice  because of HELP support on either MAC or MSFT is no longer supported, that is their choice, they could have designed it for an older version.  By doing so I feel they support the obsolescence its monetizing profitability for software providers.  Soon we will work only to satisfy them.

stone1
Returning Member

Where can I find tax software for macOS 10.13.6?

wizdangar

Yes, I know that. That was not my question.

@wizdangar wrote:

Yes, I know that. That was not my question.

This is a TurboTax forum. Look elsewhere.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
G-G
Returning Member

Sorry, but no you can't and that is why.  Only the online version and I can't reach anyone after 3 tries to find out if we use the online, if we can go back to the disc.  Nor can I find out if we use the dos (disc) version if we can use the iOS version (disc) next time.  The community is a great self help; it's too bad they don't care enough to have customer service (after 20 years of using it).  

Ok ... you can flip flop between the online and downloaded versions if you want to use the Online this year  then if you upgrade your apple you can return to the downloaded/cd version later.   Simply download a PDF  & .taxfile  from the online version so you have the file you need to transfer into the program next year.  

If you used the Desktop program last year here’s How to transfer into the Online version, expand the blue link if you used the CD/download last year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

If you used the Desktop program before you may notice several differences and not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2020 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

Start an Online return here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

How do I get an answer to this question

@dthompson6219 wrote:

How do I get an answer to this question

The TurboTax 2020 software only supports macOS Mojave 10.14 or later

TurboTax minimum system requirements for Mac - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

kolbrh

Are you saying that if I buy an Online version of TurboTax 2021 from your website that I can do my 2021 taxes on my Mac Os High Sierra machine?

The Online version is the web version you go online and log into each time.  It is not installed on your computer.  Online System Requirements

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/turbotax-online-system-requirements/01/25...

Then there is the Desktop CD/Download program you buy and install on your computer.  It has different computer requirements.  Mac System Requirements     

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies