Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

denmarfl
Returning Member

What Desktop Version of TubroTax do I need?

I have been using a Competitors Desktop Software for over 30 years and think of myself as a Fairly knowledgably Tax Preparer.  TurboTax Customer Service advised I would need Premier Version.  Comparing Deluxe and Premeir versions....seem both include the Same Federal Tax Forms, Premier provides more in software guidance.  Having done my Federal Tax Return with a Competitors Desktop software for over 30 yrs...the Tax Software I purchase needs to provide the forms for Filing I need....I know how to complete them. 

Tax Forms required:

• Both versions include  
    1. Schedule C;  Self Employment
    2. Schedule D; Capital Gains\Losses (Buy Sell Stocks)
    3. Schedule E; Rental Property (Income\Expenses\Depreciation)

Seems the difference between Deluxe and Premier is, again, BOTH include Schedules C, D and E…. Premier provides More in Software guidance/Help. 

I need assistance to purchase the Turbotax Version I need and not Pay more for a Version that will not provide me with any additional Benefits.  

Will TurboTax Deluxe be the version I need based on the facts that I have been filing my Federal Taxes for 30+ years using schedules C, D Capital Gains and E?… Is the Premier version necessary?  Please explain…and if Premier is needed, why?  Wish I could take the Deluxe and Premier for a Test Ride…..I would hate to Buy Deluxe to find it does not meet with my needs and, even hate it worse if I purchased Premier to find out I spent More than I should have for no additional benefit. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

What Desktop Version of TubroTax do I need?

You can take desktop Deluxe for a test drive and upgrade to Premier or Home and Business if needed. See this FAQ for directions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies