Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Glenn5
Returning Member

Where and how do I get help?

During the Turbtax Deluxe review, after the analysis, the Smart Check said "we found some errors on one of your tax returns. Lets fix them now." I then click "Fix Errors." Then, it ask me to "Check This Entry." and list "Schedule 8812: Advance Payments received must be entered" and provides an box for "Advanced Payments Received." I have no idea why they are identifying this and how to fix it. Schedule 8812 is "Credits for Qualifying Children and Other Dependents." I've made no entries for child tax credits and don't know who to address this. I'm stuck. Where do I go for help? It's not like there is a phone number I can call.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
jls14
Returning Member

This happened to me who has no children. Must be a bug. I was finally able to delete the form. Go to Forms view and try it.

Glenn5
Returning Member

Interesting. Went to forms view and can't figure out how to delete form. I have the Mac version. Also, can't figure out how to get out of forms view. Isn't there a customer service phone number one can call for something like this?

Glenn5
Returning Member

Go to HR Bock Next Time.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

You can delete a form while in Forms Mode by selecting the form and clicking Delete to remove it.

Take a look at the following TurboTax help article for some assistance with working with the TurboTax Mac version:

How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Mac software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Glenn5
Returning Member

There is no feature for me to delete the form. I right click over the form title and there is no option. There is no icon for deletion in the header. Thanks for pointer on going between forms and easy steps. 

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Since the Child Tax Credit is fully refundable this year and the Advance Child Tax Credit payments were based on the 2020 filed tax returns and dependents listed there.  Some taxpayers do not claim a dependent every year.  The IRS requires the information about any Advance payments that may have been received to match up the 2021 details to ensure the benefit of the credit is where it needs to be.

If you did not receive any Advance Child Tax Payments enter 0 and continue through.

@Glenn5

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jls14
Returning Member

I'm using a PC. The Delete button is in the lower left corner of the form. To get our of forms view you hit step by step in upper right.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies