Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Feb 3, 2024 5:15:21 PM

Activation Code Not Working

I purchased the Online Deluxe Edition from Costco in Halifax, NS.  The program is not accepting my activation code.  The code is entered correctly and I've tried it many times.  No one else has used the code.  How do I fix this?  

0 79 4941
24 Replies
Feb 3, 2024 5:22:15 PM

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Returning Member
Feb 3, 2024 5:25:35 PM

Yes, I've purchased the Deluxe Online Edition and I'm using the card inside the box, with the Activation Code number on it.  I'm entering the code correctly.  No one else has used the code.  I'm the only user. 

Feb 3, 2024 5:34:11 PM

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you. The hours are currently Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM ET for English and French support.

Returning Member
Feb 3, 2024 6:07:06 PM

I've called twice already.  Its an automated system, where you say your issue and they respond via email or text message.  I keep getting the same response, that I'm probably entering the code incorrectly.  Its very frustrating.

Feb 4, 2024 11:14:09 AM

Please use support id 1527103505 to bypass the automated phone attendant.

Returning Member
Feb 5, 2024 11:05:06 AM

That didn't work.  I tried using the phone code, to bypass the automated message, but that didn't work.  I still ended up with the autobot and received the same message via email.  Any recommendations on why the code isn't working?   When I enter the correct activation code, it says "Something's not right, try re-entering your code".  The code is entered correctly.  

Feb 5, 2024 11:22:59 AM

I don't know what has gone wrong, but you likely need a new code. I have sent you a private message (🔔), please respond.

Returning Member
Feb 5, 2024 3:35:37 PM

Thank you.  I've replied to your message.

Feb 6, 2024 5:07:31 AM

Thank you for your patience. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Feb 6, 2024 5:34:58 AM

Can you please log into your TurboTax online account using the following link? Once in, you should see that your code has already been activated. You may need to click on Start a New Return.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Returning Member
Feb 6, 2024 12:49:21 PM

I followed the link, logged in, started a new return, chose 'Let's Go', then it wants me to select which options apply to me in order to determine pricing.  This can't be right.  If the code worked, it wouldn't be selecting pricing.

Feb 6, 2024 1:44:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know; we will send you an email by tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for your patience.

Feb 8, 2024 1:57:56 PM

An email with your voucher code has been sent. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Returning Member
Feb 9, 2024 11:38:37 AM

thank you, I'll try it

Feb 9, 2024 11:42:52 AM

You're welcome.

Feb 25, 2024 2:20:26 PM

Hi

I got the same problem here...Never had that problem before and yes its the right code...

Feb 25, 2024 2:47:49 PM

Try incognito mode on your browser.

I had the same issue where the activation page wouldn't take my code. However, I remember they would let you start your return and let you enter the activication code before they send it off to CRA.

I logged in my intuit account and started my return. I was able to enter the activation code in the coupon code field, the system will say something like it looks like you have entered an activation code and redirect you to the activation page.

Make sure you do it in the incognito mode. I was able to complete my return that way.

This worked for me and I hope this will help. It was surely frustrating.

Feb 25, 2024 3:40:05 PM

@philfu Did you get your TurboTax Online activation code from a retail store or directly from us?

Feb 25, 2024 3:52:26 PM

@TurboTaxSusan  I bought the deluxe online edition at Costco. 

Level 7
Feb 26, 2024 7:08:02 AM

Thank you for letting us know, much appreciated.

Feb 29, 2024 8:26:33 AM

I purchased deluxe edition from Costco and have entered the activation code a number of times, but it's still not working.  Tried calling customer service; received automated message that link would be emailed to me, which has not happened.

How do I get the activation code to work?

Feb 29, 2024 8:30:38 AM

If you purchased the TurboTax Online Deluxe - If you are getting the error message- something went wrong- Please log in here- https://ww1.2023.ca.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/signin?_swlg=en

Choose the Deluxe version and when you get to the payment page you will enter your code.

Thank  you for choosing TurboTax.

Feb 29, 2024 9:41:59 AM

Thank you. A roundabout way to get there, but it worked!

Feb 29, 2024 9:43:27 AM

You're welcome.