Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angieerickson
Returning Member

Activation Code Not Working

I purchased the Online Deluxe Edition from Costco in Halifax, NS.  The program is not accepting my activation code.  The code is entered correctly and I've tried it many times.  No one else has used the code.  How do I fix this?  

79 Replies

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

angieerickson
Returning Member

Yes, I've purchased the Deluxe Online Edition and I'm using the card inside the box, with the Activation Code number on it.  I'm entering the code correctly.  No one else has used the code.  I'm the only user. 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you. The hours are currently Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM ET for English and French support.

angieerickson
Returning Member

I've called twice already.  Its an automated system, where you say your issue and they respond via email or text message.  I keep getting the same response, that I'm probably entering the code incorrectly.  Its very frustrating.

Please use support id 1527103505 to bypass the automated phone attendant.

angieerickson
Returning Member

That didn't work.  I tried using the phone code, to bypass the automated message, but that didn't work.  I still ended up with the autobot and received the same message via email.  Any recommendations on why the code isn't working?   When I enter the correct activation code, it says "Something's not right, try re-entering your code".  The code is entered correctly.  

I don't know what has gone wrong, but you likely need a new code. I have sent you a private message (🔔), please respond.

angieerickson
Returning Member

Thank you.  I've replied to your message.

Thank you for your patience. We will get back to you as soon as possible.