Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRMCV
Returning Member

Attempted Download of Turbotax 2023 failed

After paying for this 2023 version via the TT emailed offer, the download showed as starting in the Chrome tab, but never did download.  This was going to the W10 desktop and it never appeared.  A complete drive search found nothing.  I cannot recover without the danger of paying again, which is already posted to my CC.  I was able to print the receipt and have a screenshot.  Any help is appreciated as I have paid for this product and has not been "delivered"

11 Replies
JRMCV
Returning Member

I would like to add that this happened on Boxing Day at about 1630 Edmonton time.

I have verified and do not see an account under the email address associated with this account- unless you used a different one. 

Please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JRMCV
Returning Member

After about 3 hours of my time over 2 days including working on the phone with TT support and including numerous TT exe installs, uninstalls, pc reboots, wifi reboots, the problem is with the software.  The pattern now is TT installs and activated.  After launching TT it comes up normally and shows the normal voluntary registration window .  At this point I closed TT and restarted TT.  It then comes up with the message cannot connect to internet and provides 2 bullet points.  I close this and restarted TT.  It launches normally and shows the normal voluntary registration window.  AGAIN, at this point, I close TT and relaunch it and AGAIN comes up with the message cannot connect to internet and provides 2 bullet points.  This pattern appeared FIVE TIMES while Viktor from TT support was on the phone with me.  I cannot spend more time helping TT on this matter.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

Are you using wifi internet or hardwire?

Why are you closing TurboTax when it is at the registration window? Can you try again and, once you get to the registration window choose to register at a later date - and continue?

JRMCV
Returning Member

I can provide a case number if requested and this was reviewed with Viktor on the phone while this was actually happening.

JRMCV
Returning Member

All calls are recorded and there are about 2 hours of recordings, where all steps were followed while on the phone with support.

JRMCV
Returning Member

Yes, I went past this window and same issues

Can you please confirm if you have entered your license code yet? 

You must have entered your license code if you go to the point where it asks if you want to register. 

Can you please contact our phone support team who can put in a request to have an IT contact you and see what the issue might be?