Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Defence failure - what happened and what is replacing it?

.: Hello. Yesterday (20 April 2020) I completed my TT return, and purchased Audit Defence, which I have done every year since 2012. After receiving no response from the Audit Defence site, taxaudit.com, this morning I called its customer support line twice (two different numbers) and each time was told that it no longer supports Canadian customers. This, despite the option to purchase it in the Standard 2019 TurboTax package.

I called TurboTax support, and spoke to someone for >45 minutes. He eventually sent me an email with the following information:

"I actually did what you suggested and called taxaudit.com. The rep there told be that they are, indeed, no longer servicing Turbotax in Canada. She further told me, however, that Turbotax Canada had replaced them with another solution, either in-house or another provider. So it was, in fact, as I speculated, that a change was made and the promotional material was not updated. I think that you can have the confidence that Turbotax will follow through on their commitment to help you in the case of an audit as their terms of service promise."

Also:

"I was told by the support team that if you were to repurchase Audit Defense it that it should work, and that you would be refunded for the second charge. I'm very sorry if this solution feels less than satisfactory. It is what I was given and I pass it on to you."

So what am I supposed to do now? What am I supposed to do with "...replaced them with another solution, either in-house or another provider." What is the in-house solution? What is the other provider? Why would I repurchase it again? Why does the option to purchase this still appear in the Intuit tax package for 2019???

I have no issue with the Customer Service Agent who helped me, he was just passing along info he was told.

TurboTax: WTF is happening here? I'm out $39.99 for a service that doesn't support Canada anymore? What is the replacement solution?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2 Replies

I had the exact same experience just today... total run around from Intuit and the previous provider of Audit Defence (Canada TaxResources --- [phone number removed]) was unable to help directly but (supposedly) will be forwarding my complain to his supervisor and states they are "still" in negotiation with TurboTax/Intuit to resolve this issue.

I will give all parties until the beginning of next week and then... someone(s) are going to have a VERY BAD DAY the next time I call.

I CERTAINLY am NOT going to re-purchase Audit Defence in the unlikely hope that that will fix the situation.

An upset (not yet angry) customer

While I am very sorry that this also happened to you, I am so relieved to learn that this happened to someone else and that you are experiencing the same runaround I am having since yesterday, What ridiculous non-service from Intuit, unbelievable.

How can they not be addressing this head-on? How is it that they advertise this service within their tax software and haven’t removed that option from said software? I have purchased Audit Defence since 2012. TurboTax is great, but Audit Defence is a write-off, a complete failure. I am not holding my breath, waiting for TT to respond to my concerns. I sincerely hope you receive a resolution as soon as possible.