Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my return form, or TurboTax (any kind?) to help me netfile a GST/HST return? Or do I have to just go through the website and hope I can figure it out?

I'm a small business owner (not incorporated) and have a business number. I collected HST for the first time this past year. 
I netfiled (on CRA 'MyAccount') my return using self employed TurboTax and reported all my business and personal stuff there.
I wasn't aware of the 'MyBusinessAccount' until just recently. I read somewhere here that the GST/HST return is something different entirely from my doing my personal/self employed tax return

1 Reply

Can I use my return form, or TurboTax (any kind?) to help me netfile a GST/HST return? Or do I have to just go through the website and hope I can figure it out?

I am a retiree with a very small home based business and I use TurboTax for my own self-employed tax return.  I have never used it for my GST/HST return and don't know if that function is available in TurboTax.  I use the CRA website to do my HST return online and it is easy.  The website steps you through it.  Give it a try - I think you will be pleased.

Cheers!

Bill