Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashfaqakhan11
Returning Member

Canada Training Credit

A Notice of Assessment is before me but I could not find Canada Training Credit  anywhere. can someone help me to find that?

1 Reply

Canada Training Credit

The Canada Training Credit (CTC) is claimed on line 45350 on your tax return.

To be eligible for the CTC, you must be a Canadian resident no younger than 26 and no older than 65. Qualifying income is between $10,000 and $151, 978 (the upper limit is indexed annually), provided you have a Training Credit Limit from the prior year’s Notice of Assessment. For more information, refer to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website

Eligible individuals can accumulate credit amounts of $250 each year to a maximum of $5,000 in a lifetime.  Those wishing to use the CTC must attend and pay tuition to an eligible institution, including:

• University, college, or another Canadian facility offering post-secondary courses
  • Canadian schools offering occupational skill courses certified by the Ministry of Employment and Social Development

If your latest Notice of Assessment (NOA) doesn't show a Canada Training Credit Limit (CTCL), then you can't claim the credit. If you are unsure whether you are eligible for the Canada Training Credit, or if you cannot find it on your Notice of Assessment, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency directly on 1-800-959-8281 or follow the link: Contact the CRA .

To find information on how to enter Canada Training limit Credit into TurboTax, please visit: What are Canada Training Credits, and how do I enter them into TurboTax?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.