Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

I paid $79 plus tax for expert help today. My taxes are very simple and do not take long at all but I needed someone to go through it with me. I chose that option and it was supposed to be $49 but they charged me $79 which I did not notice until I was done.. After filing I realized that the "tax expert" did not even complete my return correctly, missing was the Trillium benefit and other things that I think are basic like making sure someone has all their provincial benefits. I requested a callback and was on the line with someone who I thought was an expert but was just customer support, he went through it with me to correct some things and suggested I refile but them informed me I would have mail in whatever was left out. I cannot do that which is why I did it online. He was not speaking clearly and giving me suggestions like to stay up until midnight and go back into my return to get a number to call and request an appointment. I am very disappointed at not only the low value of service to file my return but also the poor communication and lack of support from the support agent. He said just to post my complaint here and apparently someone will get back to me? 

1 Reply
ShwethaK
Returning Member

Complaint

Hi Francines
Good afternoon. Sorry for the experience and thank you for reaching out to us . We have escalated issue and you will receive call from supervisor. 

Hope this helps. Regards.