Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA autofill limit?

Has anyone used the import from CRA function for a large number of  slips. I have a Managed Investment account that has several trades per month, so I have more than 100 T5008 slips to import in addition to other slips. i was able to import slips for my spouse's return since he has a  small number of forms to input, but mine starts to import, but times out during the Save step. So I was wondering if there is a restriction on how many slips it can import. I have tried doing this with different browser, as well as trying from my Windows 10 laptop and  from my  iphone, but I get the same error each time:

Oops, we encountered an error
What happened to my data?
Don't worry! With the exception of the last page you were on, all the data you have
entered so far has been safely saved on our secure server.
What do I do now?
Try going back to the start of the interview and navigating past the step where you
encountered the error.
You can also go to the Return Manager and select a new return to work on.

3 Replies
farnalien

CRA autofill limit?

I encountered the exact same situation four times today with three hundred and twenty three T5008 slips using the online version of Turbotax Standard. The autofill always fails and I really do NOT want to manually fill in the 323 slips. Is anyone able to do this successfully with the Windows version of Turbotax?

CRA autofill limit?

Turbotax called me back. they told me that CRA told them it autofill will only work if you have less than 30 slips to import. This conflicts with  https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/about-auto-fill-return.html that says.

Information about the T5008 slip (Statement of Securities Transactions)

T5008 – more than 500 slips

The Auto-fill my return service will not deliver more than 500 T5008 slips. If your client has 501 slips or more, they will receive an error message informing them that there were too many slips to deliver. In such a case, all of the T5008 slips will have to be manually entered

CRA autofill limit?

I have run into this 2 years in a row and am still unclear as to what the slip limit is because you get different answers depending on who you're talking to at Turbo Tax or the CRA.   I find it frustrating that Turbo Tax would not include on their download CRA data screen there is a slip limit, versus having its customers spend hours trying to figure out why it won't work with calls to the CRA and Turbo Tax.  This appears to be a system limitation on one or both ends that needs to be resolved.  It's an all or nothing thing in that you cant download some slips or as many slips before you hit the ceiling.  Anyone having a managed investment account where buy/sells are happening frequently will be manually entering this information which is a ridiculous waste of time.  My ask of Turbo tax is to fix this limitation, or if not, then at least allow whatever the maximum is to go through, or lastly AT LEAST communicate this limitation on the CRA download screen, so your customers are not trying to figure out what the problem is.