Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterL5
Returning Member

CRA Notice of Assessment says TOTAL PAYABLE was changed because of a calculation error

Hi

My NOA stated: "We changed your total payable from $x to $y because of a calculation error."

I compared all the other line number values on the NOA with my detailed tax form. All the numbers were identical except  line 42000 Net Federal Tax and line 43500 Total Repayable. 

Any suggestions on how I can dig further into this and determine why the difference?

Thanks.

1 Reply
ShwethaK
Returning Member

CRA Notice of Assessment says TOTAL PAYABLE was changed because of a calculation error

Hi @PeterL5 
Based on the information provided, it appears that the calculation error may have occurred on either line 42000 or line 43500. To dig further into this and determine the cause of the difference, you could start by reviewing your tax return and checking to see if there were any mistakes made when entering the relevant figures. If you are unable to identify any errors, you could contact Turbo  tax expert who may be able to provide further insight and offer guidance on how to proceed . Connect with expert using this link  Contact Us.