Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anivol

CWB

I'm not sure I want to claim the CWB. My refund has decreased by about 1,300 as a result of claiming it. I have read as much as I can, but my addled brain isn't understanding, and I don't seem to be able to access Schedule 6 to change or delete information.  Nor does TT take me back to the screen where I said I would claim it.  Where did my refund dollars go?

4 Replies
btimm
Returning Member

CWB

Hi There, 

Thank you for your question. Using the navigation bar on the left of your screen click on the 'Review' tab and there should be a drop-down list that opens. You should see a "Canada Workers Benefit" tab. If you click on that tab, it should open a window there should be a screen that says "Do you want to claim the Canada workers benefit" with a yes or no option. This should adjust your expected refund amount.

Stan Q
Returning Member

CWB

I'm in a similar situation - my parents do not want to claim CWB despite they had some income generated under self-employment. I found the CWB menu, it's not under REVIEW but SUM UP, the dialogue when I click in does have a question 'Do you want to claim the CWB?', but it doesn't provide an option for you to choose yes or no, instead it just asks you 'which side of the couple is going to claim'. I tried manually deleting schedule 6 but can't find anywhere inside the software for me to delete the form.

CWB

If you need to delete a form in TurboTax, you will first open it and then go to the top at Edit and click on Forms- clear current form- then close unused form. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Stan Q
Returning Member

CWB

I found the similar answer that the tt support posted elsewhere, I tried that method, it didn't work (at least for this specific schedule 6). I clicked the 'clear current form' button and clicked 'yes' after the dialogue pops up asking for confirmation to clear all of the input fields, then nothing happened, all the content in that form remained unchanged. I guess there might be some per-requisites/links somewhere in the software that have to be resolved first. And normally, tt should provide a way in the interview mode to choose not to claim the CWB. This looks like a program bug to me.