Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveNo

DISCOVERED A BUG

I reported this bug under case number [phone number removed], but support suggested I post it here as well.

This bug pertains to T1229, part II.  I have a "Previous year's claim for federal investment tax credit " of +1773.49 for CCEE.  This results in a balance available (A) of -1773.49.  TurboTax erroneously (as confirmed by a phone call with CRA Agent Badge #63490 Ontario) transfers this negative balance to a positive balance in "Other Income - Line 13000" as "Negative balances from Canadian resource expenditure pools (Form T1229)".  In my case this has the effect of erroneously inflating my income by $1773.49 x 2 or $3546.98.  My fix is to do an override (F2) of this field and change the incorrect +1773.48 to -1773.49.  The results was a decrease in my taxes payable of $1275.14.  I'm pretty happy I found the issue, but it did cost me numerous lengthly calls to CRS and TurboTax Support.  The result of doing this override is that it makes me ineligable for NetFile, and I will need to print and mail my return to CRA.  Another pain...

1 Reply

DISCOVERED A BUG

Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to let our team know.