Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperDave168
Returning Member

Error Code 180010

Received this when trying to netfile my return:

Code: #180010 - The first digit of the message number on the left identifies one of your financial statements.

The sum of all income lines minus the expenses claimed does not equal the net income/loss on line 9946 of this statement. Please verify all your income and expense entries. Your software should create the value for line 9946 using amounts you entered on the preceding income and expenses lines. Therefore, you may need to change the entries on the preceding lines in response to this message.

However, if this statement is for partnership income (or loss) for which you received a T5013 slip, make sure you indicate on the financial statement the nine-digit partnership's business number from box 001 of the T5013 slip (the first nine digits of the account number) and, if applicable, the tax shelter identification.

A financial statement is one or more of the following forms: Form T776, Form T2125, Form T2042, Form T1163, Form T1273 and Form T2121.

This is my last year of home business. No partnership, I own the business 100%. Gross income for the professional income was $2,250 and the total expense was $2,678.91. 

In the T2125 P1, Net income (loss) in line 9369 = -$21.27

Net income (loss) in line 9946 = -$21.27 

I can't see anything wrong because I did not make too much money and the expenses were higher than my income, but netfile kept rejecting the submission.

3 Replies

Error Code 180010

Netfile error code 180010  

There are two main causes of this Netfile error: 

• Terminal losses - if any - that loss needs to be entered in the line above for other expenses this due to the terminal loss not being factored into the CCA table. 

• Vehicle expenses - whether there are vehicle expenses listed under personal you have to enter 100% ownership. 

mariama

Error Code 180010

hi, Friend

i got a same problem, did you get a correct answer? Thanks!

best Regards!

Maria

SuperDave168
Returning Member

Error Code 180010

I removed the terminal lost and filed my return. I will deal with CRA if they contact me.