Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 435

Following is the message I received when trying to netfile a tax return. I went through everything 3 times and corrected a possible couple of issues to do with Name etc. The below does not apply in any way and yet I have received the same error 3 times now. Can someone please tell me what to do next.

"Message from CRA

Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us. Most Canadian income tax and benefit returns for 2022, and any balance owing amount, are due on April 30, 2023.contact ushttps://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html

Code: #435 - To accurately calculate the amount of New Brunswick low-income tax reduction to which you are entitled, please provide the following information about your spouse or common-law partner. If you became married or began living common-law within the year and are entitled to this tax reduction, please indicate this in your software.

1. Their net income. If their net income is zero or negative, indicate this on your return as instructed by your software.

2. The universal child care benefit (UCCB) included in their income.

3. The amount of UCCB repayment used in calculating their net income.

4. Their registered disability savings plan (RDSP) income reported on line 12500 on their return.

5. Their RDSP repayment reported on line 55360 on their return."
2 Replies

Error Code 435

Hi @Irishp !

That sounds frustrating. Have you tried:

• Entering a '1' on line 1198 (or your spouse/common-law partner's net income)? 
  • Entering UCCB info on line 21300?

If you have, and neither of those options worked for you, I'd suggest contacting the CRA directly.

Hope this helps!

Error Code 435

I had entered spouse net income etc. ect. to no avail. I finally created a new return for the same person using "easy step"  I followed it all the way to netfile and it went through this time. I haven't had time to check the one that got the error against the one that didn't but I will at some point.

Thanks for the reply.