Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Bones
Returning Member

Error message for Home Buyer's Plan

I did not see this exact error in previously asked questions, and I appreciate any assistance... I am down to the wire 😮

I entered my husband's home buyer's plan, the minimum payment, and the amount he wished to designate as repayment. I received this message:
You can't designate unused RRSP contributions made in (2020) or before, or designate contributions that you make to your spouse or common-law partner's RRSPs or specified pension plan (SPP), as repayment for HBP and/or LLP.
So when I delete his $ for repayment, then it tells me we cannot because we must pay back an amount higher than the minimum payment.

My husband did not contribute to his RRSP this year, does is that why we are receiving an error?  The HBP was withdrawn in 2018, but did not show up on our tax assessment last year (a professional did out taxes).  Maybe I am supposed to delete it all together?  I am lost!

1 Reply
C-Bones
Returning Member

Error message for Home Buyer's Plan

I called an TurboTax agent and was informed that I can enter '0' into the box 'amount to repay' and then simply ignore the error message.