Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grammyada

Federal Return was not accepted by CRA due to self-income information that is missing. I do not have any self income.

CRA Netfile Required Information - They are wanting me to enter an amount for self-employment income that doesn't qualify for RRSP purposes or leave the fields free if it doesn't apply. I have left field blank and also entered 0 as it doesn't apply to me and resusbmitted but that didn't work. I have also reviewed my information a couple of times and I don't have any boxes checked off that apply to self-income. I have submitted 11 returns already with no problem as well as my husbands that went automatically. Have used turbo tax for years and never had a problem. I have already made my payment to them online and really would like to netfile my return rather than send it by mail. Could you please assist me on this. Thank you.

1 Reply
Trek1
Returning Member

Federal Return was not accepted by CRA due to self-income information that is missing. I do not have any self income.

Thank you for your question.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the system asks you if you would like an email say NO to be transferred to a live person.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.