Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Feb 9, 2021 9:59:44 AM

Filing won't accept - Forms Unavailable - Locked Forms? Thanks for the help!

Upon Submission at the end I get '' You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit FAQ on Locked Forms. ''

When will this problem be solved? When will the ''locked Forms be accepted or should I keep checking and trying back each day ? Thanks! 

1 25 1848
24 Replies
Level 6
Feb 11, 2021 2:50:43 PM

If the forms you were missing were related to employment expenses, then we are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses. We have included below our TurboTax FAQ link to help you with this if needed.

Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre 

Thank you for your patience.

Level 2
Feb 12, 2021 11:01:30 AM

Thanks for your help, however it's still locked, could it be to do with other forms or RRSP forms? Thanks 

Level 6
Feb 12, 2021 11:28:27 AM

We are sorry to see you are having this problem. Here included below in our TurboTax FAQ are lists of locked forms to be reviewed. 

Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven’t been finalized?

Thank you for your patience.

Level 2
Feb 18, 2021 9:13:42 AM

Hi Ginette 🙂 All the forms seem to be solved-completed-updated in the online version, however I still see the same error below, do I need to change something in my tax return or do we need to wait for something else? Thanks so much! hope to hear from you today! 

You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit Faq on locked forms 

Returning Member
Apr 20, 2021 7:17:29 AM

I am still getting this message , even though site reports it is fixed !!  Please help !!!

Dec 16, 2021 5:18:05 AM

If you still need assistance with this issue, please contact our phone support team. 

Returning Member
Feb 23, 2022 5:55:30 AM

Please help, why do i keep getting the message 

You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable

Feb 23, 2022 8:51:52 AM

If you come across locked forms or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized when using TurboTax, you will not be allowed to complete the filing of your return.
We understand this is an inconvenience and are working hard to finalize these forms in order to align ourselves with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requirements and include them in our updates.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Feb 23, 2022 9:03:59 AM

So will this be fixed? I wanted to file yesterday... I dont have ANY of the forms it says is unavailable. What is going on?? Should I do my taxes somewhere else to get it done??

Feb 23, 2022 12:47:50 PM

Unfortunately, if you come across locked forms or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized when using TurboTax, you will not be allowed to complete the filing of your return.

We understand this is an inconvenience and are working hard to finalize these forms in order to align ourselves with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requirements and include them in our updates.

Please keep verifying our TurboTax FAQ Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? as we will keep updating this as the forms are unlocked.

Thank you.

Level 2
Feb 23, 2022 4:44:32 PM

Does this mean we can't file them AT ALL? or just right now?? 

Feb 23, 2022 4:45:18 PM

When is the issue going to be fix? I don’t have any of the problematic forms in my declaration. I’ve been trying all day to submit and still won’t let me.. 

Returning Member
Feb 23, 2022 6:35:11 PM

I have the same issue. Last year, I didn't have any trouble with filing tax form. Please give us a solution!

Level 2
Feb 24, 2022 12:39:23 AM

I'm having the same issue when will this be fixed. Some of us are relying on our refunds to pay our bills.

Level 3
Feb 24, 2022 1:19:32 PM

Hello! The CRA made available to software developers the latest version of the business income forms (T2125/T776) this morning. We plan to make them available in the next version scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) if all goes well if not in the following days.

Level 2
Feb 24, 2022 1:21:31 PM

Does this include the online version?

Level 3
Feb 24, 2022 1:24:18 PM

Yes!

Returning Member
Feb 28, 2022 9:07:13 AM

This is really annoying. I called last week and told me this problem will be addressed by today feb 28 2022. Does anyone know for sure????? Or are we going to be continuously lied to

Level 2
Feb 28, 2022 1:04:49 PM

I was able to file on Friday.

Mar 3, 2023 9:41:08 PM

Hello,

I have reviewed the other concerns in the forum and it is now March 4th, 2022 and I am also receiving the message that forms are unavailable. I don't need any of the forms you list. Should I cancel or delete and file my return somewhere else?

Mar 3, 2023 9:42:54 PM

Hi there,

Did it allow you to file directly with one click to submit application? Or was it successful after more than one attempt. It is March 4th, 2023 and I am having the same issues right now . Forms unavailable 

Mar 4, 2023 10:07:26 AM

@LadyChar Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Returning Member
Mar 15, 2023 12:42:28 PM

The following forms are scheduled to remain locked until March 15:

• T2039 - T2039 Air Quality Improvement Tax Credit
  • T2205 - Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP, RRIF or SPP to Include in Income

It is the T2205 that I believe is the locked form that I need.  It must be locked until after March 15 as it gave me the same "Filing won't accept" message again today?  I hope that the form that is locked will be available tomorrow.  Any offer of help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Mar 20, 2023 11:26:09 AM

@Daveada Unfortunately, if you are using TurboTax Online, the T2205 will be locked until the end of March. It is available in TurboTax CD/Download, though.