Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKA381

How do I remove the Climate Action Incentive from my return?

I need to remove the climate action incentive (CAI) from my return. It is automatically applied because I live in ON. I am separated and will not be the one claiming the credit this year. I have tried un-clicking the CAI option under the provincial tab and that did not work. I tried starting a new return without porting last year’s info and that didn’t work. I spoke with two support representatives yesterday and they did not resolve the issue! How do I remove the climate action incentive from my return using turbotax online standard ed?

2 Replies

If you are separated on Dec 31 you are eligible to claim your own Climate action incentive credit.  Credit is provided per family, but it is still calculated per family member. Separated status will receive a credit for one person only. You each can make a claim. If you you have dependents you will need to agree who will be making claim there and Turbo Tax offers an option not to make a claim for dependent. 

bs-tax

That's great.  My separated spouse is applying for my dependents, however, I can't seem to find the option to prevent applying for my dependents on TurboTax.  Please advise HOW this is done.