Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreyven06
Returning Member

How would I know if the Tax Expert filed my tax return?

I went to my CRA account online today and it says my 2021 tax return has not been filed. My spouse and I uploaded the signed T183 on April 18, 2021. My tax expert confirmed that she has received both of our T183s and she will be sending them to CRA on our behalf.

So I went to my Turbo Tax account to chat with our expert, Shehla Nadeem as to why it has not been filed. I do not see any more options for me to message my tax expert about the status of our tax return! The deadline for the filing is just a couple of days from now. Phone support is not available on weekends!

Furthermore, I have filed a ticket to refund, TurboTax Standard Online 2020 after I upgraded to Live Full Service. I have not received the refund after checking my credit card online. What's going on with Turbo Tax?!

1 Reply

How would I know if the Tax Expert filed my tax return?

To check the status of your tax return, you'll need to have a CRA My Account profile. If you don't have a profile, visit the CRA website to sign up.

Once completed, follow the instructions provided to check the status of your return:

1. Submit your return through TurboTax using the CRA’s NETFILE service or by mail. Once you've successfully submitted your return using NETFILE, TurboTax displays your CRA confirmation number
  2. Register for the CRA’s My Account service, if you haven't already
  3. Sign in to your CRA My Account
  4. The status of your tax return is displayed in the Tax returns section

You can find a list of the CRA's return statuses here.

For further assistant please contact us at 1-888-829-8608.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.