Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a self-employed professional. Should I put my Professional Dues for my regulatory body on Line 21200, or Line 8760 (T2125)?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am a self-employed professional. Should I put my Professional Dues for my regulatory body on Line 21200, or Line 8760 (T2125)?

Professional Dues Should be on Line 8760 cause you are a self-employed.

For your operating expenses, you can deduct any annual licence fees and business taxes you incur to run your business.

You can also deduct annual dues or fees to keep your membership in a trade or commercial association. However, you cannot deduct club membership dues (including initiation fees), if the main purpose of the club is to provide dining, recreational, or sporting activities.

For more information, please click:

TurboTax The Beginner’s Guide to Self-Employed Taxes

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Professional Dues Should be on Line 8760 cause you are a self-employed.

For your operating expenses, you can deduct any annual licence fees and business taxes you incur to run your business.

You can also deduct annual dues or fees to keep your membership in a trade or commercial association. However, you cannot deduct club membership dues (including initiation fees), if the main purpose of the club is to provide dining, recreational, or sporting activities.

For more information, please click:

TurboTax The Beginner’s Guide to Self-Employed Taxes

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks, this clarifies it.