Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggoulet13

I am on social assistance and wondering how much my GST and other credits I will receive. It does not show on TurboTAx

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am on social assistance and wondering how much my GST and other credits I will receive. It does not show on TurboTAx

Applying for the GST/HST credit has changed for tax year 2014. You no longer have to apply for the GST/HST credit or the Ontario sales tax (OST) credit. The CRA will now automatically determine if you are eligible when you file your return and will tell you if you are entitled to receive the credit. Either you or your spouse/partner may receive the credit, but not both of you. The credit will be paid to whoever's tax return is processed first. You will receive a letter from CRA in July with the amount of your next payments

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ggoulet13

My question is when does the CRA tell you if your eligible and if you are how much. I know I am entitled, I have been all my life, but since the change in 2014 nowhere does it say how much I'm entitled to.  thanks

They will send to you a letter in July.

Applying for the GST/HST credit has changed for tax year 2014. You no longer have to apply for the GST/HST credit or the Ontario sales tax (OST) credit. The CRA will now automatically determine if you are eligible when you file your return and will tell you if you are entitled to receive the credit. Either you or your spouse/partner may receive the credit, but not both of you. The credit will be paid to whoever's tax return is processed first. You will receive a letter from CRA in July with the amount of your next payments