Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to file for husband and I, but no option to add his data. Returned to Intro page to re-select filing together, but option now greyed out. Do I need to start again?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Trying to file for husband and I, but no option to add his data. Returned to Intro page to re-select filing together, but option now greyed out. Do I need to start again?

In order to prepare returns as a couple and share information between them during preparation you will need to indicate this from the beginning in TurboTax. You can start a new return and select the option to prepare yours and spouse together.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

In order to prepare returns as a couple and share information between them during preparation you will need to indicate this from the beginning in TurboTax. You can start a new return and select the option to prepare yours and spouse together.

tried to restart, no option to file together. we filed together last year, all data should have transferred. suggestions?

"about you" tab asks for my husbands 2016 net income. I have no way to know this yet.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. This is for a tax return that you selected for carry forward from 2015?

I am sorry that you are having this issue. This is for a tax return that you selected for carry forward from 2015?

Yes, it's been very convenient in the past to carry the data forward. However, I've started fresh with a new account. Not the end of the world.

When starting fresh you should have the option to enter "marital Status ion the very first screen and then select to "prepare tax returns together" before moving on. Did you encounter this choice?