Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to file my return, I owe $2400 and my spouse is getting $2400 back. I am being prompted to pay $2400 now. How do I get around this glitch?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to file my return, I owe $2400 and my spouse is getting $2400 back. I am being prompted to pay $2400 now. How do I get around this glitch?

This isn't a glitch.  You are not required to make a payment now...but you will be required to pay your balance due.  Your wife will get her full refund...CRA will not keep her refund to offset your balance due. 

As to the software asking for how you will pay...just select a method.  You are not going to be held to whatever choice you make.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

This isn't a glitch.  You are not required to make a payment now...but you will be required to pay your balance due.  Your wife will get her full refund...CRA will not keep her refund to offset your balance due. 

As to the software asking for how you will pay...just select a method.  You are not going to be held to whatever choice you make.