Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajsahdev
Returning Member

I get an error for efile my wife tax return :you hav entered an invaldi industry code.

I am using Premier product that also includes the self employment income and expenses. Can someone help me to fix this error? I am unable to efile my wife return.

6 Replies

I get an error for efile my wife tax return :you hav entered an invaldi industry code.

What type of work does your wife do? It shows that you entered the wrong code. 

Rajsahdev
Returning Member

My wife is in appliances sale and I tried to put all valid codes but didn’t work. Can you provide the correct code for appliances sale as a commission employee and self employed? She has T4 and T4A for self employed income.

The industry code would be 449211

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Rajsahdev
Returning Member

I used the same industry code multiple times but the error is still there. Can you provide the solution to my problem?

Rajsahdev
Returning Member

Thanks it worked today

Happy to hear that it worked!