Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep selecting Turbo tax premier but when I have entered my basic info and click continue it switches to the self employed version, I tried starting over same thing?

I used self employed before but my income is now very low as its just craft items I sell as a vender...how can I stay on Premier.
1 Reply
smackenzca
Returning Member

I keep selecting Turbo tax premier but when I have entered my basic info and click continue it switches to the self employed version, I tried starting over same thing?

For TurboTax Online 2021 there have been some important changes for the new tax year. Depending on what you indicate on your return TurboTax will upgrade to the version related to your income. In this case since you are indicating that you have self employment you will be upgraded to the Self employment version. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade as this upgrade is automatic depending on the information that you enter relating to your income on your return.

Here is what is covered under each version for TurboTax Online for the 2021 tax year

Basic covers Students, T4, EI, Pension and No income 

Deluxe covers all of the above situations and employment expenses, donations/political donations, medical expenses, moving expenses, sold a home and T5 interest or dividends

Premier covers all of the above situations and rental income, foreign income or investment income/expenses  not on a T5.

Self Employment (SE) covers all of the above situations and SE income