Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rscarfo

I received a 315 honorarium from a municipality for serving on an a committee. Do and/or how do I enter this. I read in a couple place that anything over 500 is taxable

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a 315 honorarium from a municipality for serving on an a committee. Do and/or how do I enter this. I read in a couple place that anything over 500 is taxable

Even amounts under $500 are taxable.  You would enter this as "other employment income."  Click "Income & Expenses" then select "Employment Status" and make sure a checkmark is in the box for "Tips, gratuities and Other employment income."  Click "Continue" and you will see where you can enter the Occasional Earnings.  This is where you would enter the honorarium.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Even amounts under $500 are taxable.  You would enter this as "other employment income."  Click "Income & Expenses" then select "Employment Status" and make sure a checkmark is in the box for "Tips, gratuities and Other employment income."  Click "Continue" and you will see where you can enter the Occasional Earnings.  This is where you would enter the honorarium.

rscarfo

Great Thanks.