Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Turbo tax 100% guaranteed for accuracy? Then who pays the difference if Turbo Tax does not match CRA?

I just got a summary statement from CRA but the refund is NOT for your tax software calculated. The information I’ve entered into your program was accurate but CRA made several changes in their calculation which resulted in my wife’s refund to be $140 less than your program calculated. Turbo tax refund $819.00 CRA refund $680. Given your 100% accuracy am I entitled to apply for the difference from you??

Below are the changes CRA made:

Explanation of changes and other important information

We changed your Canada or Quebec Pension Plan benets from $7,184 to $7,747 to agree with the amount Service Canada or the Quebec Pension Plan Board reported. We also included any related tax deductions when calculating your total credits.

Based on the information you gave us, your elected split-pension amount is $963.

We changed your British Columbia tax based on the information we have.

We recalculated your federal non-refundable tax credits and changed your total on line 35000 to $3,925.

We recalculated your British Columbia non-refundable tax credits from $897 to $892.

1 Reply

Is Turbo tax 100% guaranteed for accuracy? Then who pays the difference if Turbo Tax does not match CRA?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will make changes to your tax return based on the information sent with your return and the information they have on file.

For more information please see our TurboTax article: Why is My Refund Lower Than Last Year?

TurboTax guarantees 100% accuracy on the calculations done in your return. 

If you pay a penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, we will reimburse the penalty and interest. (Does not include calculation errors due to errors in CRA tables).

We'll also find you the maximum refund you deserve (or the lowest tax payable).

If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the purchase price paid. TurboTax Free customers are entitled to a payment of $9.99.

You can find additional information about TurboTax's guarantees here: Guarantees you can be sure of.

If you have new or additional information you want to send the CRA to change your return, see How to change your return.

If you disagree with your assessment or reassessment, and want to register a formal dispute, see Complaints and disputes. You have 90 days from the date of the notice of assessment to register your dispute with the CRA.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.