Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dieb9810

Issues with Line 13700

I have not reported any income from self-employment in 2019. I closed my business as of 2018. 

For some reason, in line 13700, a negative amount is showing. I have gone back through the file, and I have not inputted any type of self-employment. It may be pulling data from my 2018 return.

Please advise how I can remove the amount reported in line 13700 for this year's return.

1 Reply

Issues with Line 13700

You may have closed your business but forgot to do a deemed disposition on your Capital Assets. Usually, everytime you carry a business return forward before you input "anything" it will show as a loss.  You should have closed out and "disposed" of your assets (vehicle, equipment, furniture, etc) at the same as the UCC unless of course you actually sold them.  So go in and change any UCC amounts to "zero". Make sure you do not answer "No" to the final year of business.  This will eliminate line 13700 negative amounts.

Footnote: We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information during these difficult times: