Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvaMants
Returning Member

Lost my Licence code.

Lost my code for Turbotax Home and Business 2021. Please help!

7 Replies

Lost my Licence code.

Unfortunately we can't find your code on your file. Did you perhaps make your purchase in store? Are you able to open your 2021 TurboTax Home & Business the computer it was on originally?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

EvaMants
Returning Member

Lost my Licence code.

@TurboTaxBrenda 

It is on the computer where it was originally installed. Both my Turbotax 2020 and 2021 decided they needed their license codes again but at least I still had the 2020 one. Neither one had ever been uninstalled. Not sure why they both asked for codes again when I tried to access them. My son always gets a lot of money back so is tardy in filing his taxes. I have the Turbotax netfile confirmations for mine and my wife's taxes for many years going back including 2020, 2021 and 2022.

Lost my Licence code.

Did you do the updates? Please try again and make sure you do the updates to see if that solves the issue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

EvaMants
Returning Member

Lost my Licence code.

Hi @TurboTaxBrenda 

Yes, updates were done but still asking for the code.

Lost my Licence code.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do at this point as there is no purchases with codes in your file. 

EvaMants
Returning Member

Lost my Licence code.

@TurboTaxBrenda 

Thanks for checking. Is this behaviour something that has been reported before (i.e. requiring codes to be re-entered if the program is dormant for a while?

Lost my Licence code.

This is not something we see often. Some people have seen it lately- but usually with a update of the software it fixes itself.