Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JS8888
Returning Member

Mac OS 12 Version of TurboTax with Sch: T3, T4, T5, RRSP, T1135, T4A (OAS, CPP), Sch 3, T1A, T1 Adjustment. Cost Effective Version?

Hello, I need to prepare 6 adult T1 personal tax returns with the following schedules: T3, T4, T5, RRSP, T1135, T4A (OAS, CPP), Sch 3, T1A, T1 Adjustment. I confirmed that the Turbo Tax Standard CD/Download (8 Standard returns for Windows) would have all the schedules needed to file our tax returns (e.g. box purchased from Costco).

I recently purchased a Mac Airbook and would like use this laptop to prepare the returns. Could you confirm exactly which version we need to purchase? Is there a CD/Download version compatible with Mac OS 12 (preferable)? The Best Buy website seems to offer a "Standard Online" version (8 Standard returns) that is Mac compatible. However, I wasn't sure if this "Standard" online version has all the schedules that we need since the online "Deluxe" version (online version of Standard download) does not include the T1135 schedule and would need to upgrade to "Premier" Online version to file the T1135 schedule. Do we need to purchase the MacOS 12 Standard Online version (or CD/Download version) to prepare 5 returns and then upgrade to an online version for the last return to file the T1135 schedule? Thanks.

1 Reply
Ferrarieagle55
Returning Member

Mac OS 12 Version of TurboTax with Sch: T3, T4, T5, RRSP, T1135, T4A (OAS, CPP), Sch 3, T1A, T1 Adjustment. Cost Effective Version?

I recently purchased  TurboTax Premier 2021 download /CD and just want to download it to my MacBook Pro. The confirmation email I recently received from Intuit did not offer a way to download the program to my MacBook.  

When I tried downloading from that email to my MacBook Pro, I got a message saying: ..."You can't open the application "Turbotax_2021-2.exe " because Microsoft Windows Applications are not supported on macOS."

What should I do to download this program to my MacBook successfully?