Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Family Tax Credit not calculating? Am I doing something wrong?

I see the 2000 in my review/summary page next to "NEW Family Tax Credit" but then it doesn't take the 2000 down to the Total Federal Tax Credits.  My total shows 0
jkpatzer

My summary is doing the same thing.  It shows the 2000 under my husband's credits, but then the total credits is still 0.  What's going on there?  I didn't find anything about that on the blog link.  Should I just calculate it out myself?  Maybe it's not helpful to us, but I highly doubt since we're a single income family.

Is the tax payable for your returns already at $0? If so, the Family Tax Cut will not add any further benefit to your return, as it is a non-refundable tax credit.
jkpatzer

No, we're not even close to $0 on ours.

Mine is the same as well.. it shows up as $1500 credit but the total credit does not include this amount. Can you please advise? My net federal tax total does not include this amount.
castillo

definitively there is something either wrong or not showing properly... turbox tax team, maybe time to take action on this?

Are you viewing the schedule 1A to determine if you have benefited from the Family Tax Cut? In TurboTax Online, in the Detailed Tax Summary, the Federal Tax on Line 406 already includes the Family Tax Cut, if it was applicable. Check that form and see if the Family Tax Cut has been calculated, then check the Schedule 1, line 423, to see what the end benefit was.