Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile availability now (Nov 25th, 2023)?

I have been trying to file my 2022 tax return using TurboTax desktop version (for Windows).

Netfile keeps on failing, without providing any meaningful reason.

When I see TurboTax online website, I see a banner at the top saying "The Canada Revenue Agency's electronic services are currently unavailable. This includes, NETFILE, Auto-fill My Return, and CRA My Account. We recommend trying again later."

I have been able to enter into My Account, so I have reason to doubt the correctness of the above message.

Can anyone tell me if the Netfile not being available is a CRA issue (for all netfile certified software) or is a TurboTax issue?  and most importantly, when do we expect Netfile for TurboTax to be functional again?

Thanks

23 Replies
L-F
Level 1

Hi, I've been getting the same issue since friday.

I am using the web version, also for sending my 2022s.

My CRA account seems to be fine as I have access to it.

I suspect a not-updated link on Turbotax's part after the last CRA maintenance on Oct 13-16th.

Will call costumer services tomorow.

Moussi2

TurboTax is aware of this issue and it is being looked at. We will update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. 

Thank for choosing TurboTax. 

DaveM86

I've been looking to netfile for the last week or so too and keep seeing this error banner across the top of the screen. I'll wait a couple more days before I try using other software to file my taxes...

Please know that TurboTax is aware of the issue and it is being investigated. We will update as soon as possible. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

When will this be available again? Reports are that is has been a while. 

Feel a little scammed that I paid to file and now we can't. Maybe the message at the top should not refer to CRA with the issue when this appears to be a turbo tax issue.  I may have to start again with another software to netfile. 

MGMACLEOD
Returning Member

WHAT A RIPOFF

paid for the software and trying since friday to file...the issue is on YOUR end not mine. FIX IT or give me my money back

Do you have an eta of when you'll be able to fix this? I have a deadline for my taxes that CRA will auto compute everything.

UPDATE:  TurboTax has been aware of this issue since last week, and has been working with CRA to fix the issue. Auto-Fill is still not available, however NetFile is now available. Please try again to file your return, and kindly let us know if you are successful. 

Thank you for your patience.

MGMACLEOD
Returning Member

NETFILE does NOT work.