Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
funk002

Netfile rejected T2091 errors

When attempting to Netfile, my return was rejected due to problems with lines 9954, 9955, and 9956 on T2091. This is the form where you disclose the sale of a primary residence. I inspected the PDF copy that I downloaded at the conclusion of my tax preparation and found that the required info was indeed present in these lines. The entire return checks out as correct within Intuit's site, but something is lost in the translation between CRA and Intuit, (or so I assume).

Tried to open a ticket with Intuit on this, but ultimately was unsuccessful with attempting to launch some sort of screen share program which was essential to receiving assistance, so I'm trying this route. Also trying to contact CRA with this, as it appears I only have 5 chances to successfully Netfile.

1 Reply
funk002

Netfile rejected T2091 errors

3 Hr on hold with CRA and I have a resolve.

Primary residence sale details are a little unusual here, so bear with me. We gave the house to our son and subsequently did not have a sale price. Turbotax did not particularly like this, so I used $1 as the sale price. This was considerably below what we had payed for the house and it became something that did not compute over at CRA. So, I used our original purchase price as the sale price. Still $0 capital gain, but that's what it took to get the T2091 through Netfile.

Problem solved.