Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unuf10405

ONLINE AND/OR "LIVE SUPPORT"

I've use TurboTax for my tax prep for probably 20 years.  But this may well be the last year.

Half way through your Charitable Deductions add-on--MORE MONEY--,I quit for the night; however, the following day I could not--COULD NOT--open that program to finish.  If there's no fix for that, I bought and paid for a piece of  crap from TurboTax SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

1 Reply
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

ONLINE AND/OR "LIVE SUPPORT"

Did you save your return before quitting? When you open the program, are you not seeing the information that you already entered? If this is the case, whenever an update is installed in the CD/Download software it loses track of where you left off. So the next time you open your return it takes you to the beginning. There is no way to get back to where you left off, because the software no longer knows where you left off. But after you save the return again, the next time you open it, it will pick up where you left off, until the next update.

If you exit without saving, it also will not remember where you left off. When you open the return again, it will go to where you were when you last saved it, unless an update has been installed.

" rjs Level 15"

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for more information:

How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Windows?

How can I protect the tax files on my computer?

How do I back up my tax file in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"