Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerilr

Error message when netfiling

When trying to Net file I get this error message and I'm told to contact Turbo tax for them to fix.

The 'Donor Consent Indicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

7 Replies
KM61

Having the same problem with the Donor Consent Indicator. Is this something that everyone is experiencing? 

Yes. I am experiencing too. Same error message.

I am also receiving the same error message.

Edit: Fixed now after changing organ donation information. Thank you to everyone for the help!

Kaliah12
Returning Member

the question is under " your name Canadian Citizenship" so in my case "Kaliah Canadian Citizenship" 

I had the same issue; an XML error can mean your mailing address, postal code, SIN or some personal info is incorrect. I went back to the beginning and went through my personal info again. No mistakes in it but after going through  it I was able to file. Sometimes this error happens if you use auto fill. Hope that works for you.

Please inform me where I can find and fix this error.

Go back to MyInfo on turbotax and click yes or no on the "consent to share information for organ donation" or whatever it says. Then click through your return and when you get to the "file with cra" part, it should work. I did that and the error was fixed.