Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marginal tax rate calculation in TurboTax 2017(Quebec) latest build is lower than average tax. This is obviously wrong. Please provide update as soon as possible.

3 Replies

Marginal tax rate calculation in TurboTax 2017(Quebec) latest build is lower than average tax. This is obviously wrong. Please provide update as soon as possible.

I have the same issue with the English standard version. Marginal rate (16%) is lower than the Avg tax rate (19%). If I add $1000 more income my tax goes up $304, so my marginal rate should be 30.4%. 

I have the same problem with the 2020 premier version.  My average tax rate shows as 23% and my marginal tax rate shows as 15%.  However, I add another $1,000 of income and my taxes increase by $300 (or 30%)

I am using TurboTax Premier 2020: It does not display the marginal rate correctly it shows 18% for me and 13% for my wife - there are no such Federal + Manitoba rates. Please intuit support people, can you please explain this. Thanks