Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a location that I can check if I have Netfiled or not?

I don't recall if I took the final step or not
2 Replies

First, be sure that you were provided with a NETFILE confirmation code (details for this are provided in Step 1 below). Once you have a code, you can then check the status of your return with the CRA (Step 2).

Step 1: Check for your NETFILE confirmation code

Your confirmation code indicates that you've successfully submitted your tax return. Once a NETFILE confirmation code has been generated for you, you can’t submit your tax return again. If you don't have a confirmation code, you still need to submit your tax return using NETFILE. Not sure how? Follow these instructions for TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download.

Step 2: Check the status of your tax return

If you have a NETFILE confirmation code, check the status of your tax return using the CRA's My Account service.

Step 3: If you have a NETFILE confirmation code, but the CRA indicates that they haven't received your tax return

If you have a NETFILE confirmation code but your CRA My Account indicates that your return wasn't received, or you called the CRA and they said that they didn't receive your return, call the CRA's Individual tax enquiries line and request a "trace" on your tax return.

Contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) if your issue still isn't resolved, or complete the form on the TurboTax Contact Us page and we'll escalate your case for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

It did help. Thank you very much!