Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase additional returns

I have the solution. I am using the Premiere edition purchased from Costco. First, file all the returns that you can under your first license. Once you've used all that you can, and you need to purchase more returns - go online to Turbo tax and purchase a second premiere Turbotax.  You will get a new license number. On the turbotax program go to the Tools tab, then to License code switch.  Follow the prompts to put in the new license code. And then you are good to go to file more returns.  All the information that you entered for all tax returns will still be there after you change the license code!

I have the solution. I am using the Premiere edition purchased from Costco. First, file all the returns that you can under your first license. Once you've used all that you can, and you need to purchase more returns - go online to Turbo tax and purchase a second premiere Turbotax.  You will get a new license number. On the turbotax program go to the Tools tab, then to License code switch.  Follow the prompts to put in the new license code. And then you are good to go to file more returns.  All the information that you entered for all tax returns will still be there after you change the license code!

This sounds interesting, I will have to check it out when I get home.  Thanks for the details.

rhmaan12
Returning Member

When I first called about the issue they told me to upgrade to Premier edition but they told me it would only give me four more returns and I have 9 still showing as available on my standard edition so that won’t be enough

rhmaan12
Returning Member

Update as of Friday - The investigation into the issue has moved from Tier 2 Tech over to the development team now as Tier 2 was unable to solve the issue so they need the developers to figure out a solution 

rhmaan12
Returning Member

Spent about 1 1/2 hours on phone again with must of been the developers. They had me uninstall and reinstall which didn’t work to solve issue, then modified some of the files in the install, didn’t work. Finally only solution was for me to purchase another Turbo Tax Standard online and do the licence switch under Tools. I have 9 returns left to do all over $25,000 so not sure if it’s going to let me purchase one more or not so fingers crossed. So far I was able to do 4 more out of my 9 remaining.

srill no resolution to the issue however this is a work around for now.