Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Save1

When I go to use my downloaded Turbotax it asks for my verification number. I used the verification number emailed to me but that is not acceptable.

1 Reply

When I go to use my downloaded Turbotax it asks for my verification number. I used the verification number emailed to me but that is not acceptable.

Firstly you want to make sure which version of the software you have purchased. Download or Online

• Check your email to make sure you indeed purchased "download". If that is the case, then you would use this link to download the edition you purchased.
  • Once download begins, it will prompt you to enter your license code - 16 digit alpha numeric code.
  • Once successfully downloaded, you will see a desktop icon "TurboTax21" for TY21.
  • You will then click on that icon to start your taxes, you will not need to be online at all.

However, if you purchased the online version, then you sign into your TurboTax online account, choose the edition you purchased, then at the end of your tax return on the payment screen, you will be prompted to enter your activation code, provided in the email.

Please note if you are using a MAC computer or a phone, you will not be able to use the downloaded version, you will have to use the online version instead.