Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoggy10

Just to be certain, I am getting a return and not owing, correct? If it is in the red?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just to be certain, I am getting a return and not owing, correct? If it is in the red?

If you are seeing a number in red with a negative sign on your Turbotax page, it means that you owe CRA money.

( if it's green, you get a refund).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If you are seeing a number in red with a negative sign on your Turbotax page, it means that you owe CRA money.

( if it's green, you get a refund).

pacarmon

It is confusing! It should say You Owe or Your Refund. A negative number is not very clear.
chmelvin

I agree!
Maray

What does the negative number mean? It is not red or green. Negative = owing???

yes, if the number has a - (negative sign) in front of it, you aren't getting refunded any money. common sense here people.

When I do the taxes the top is in red saying money is owed to feds and state. When I save the pdf and look at the tax records it says I am getting money back. Isn't the amount at the top supposed to match what prints out on the forms? 

Yes, it should match. As you are speaking of feds and state taxes, if you are completing a US income tax return,  your questions should be directed to the US side of the Community.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.